The top 5 NBA teams as of 12/14 are:
5. Denver Nuggets--(14-8 overall 4-1 in their last five) Iverson and Anthony are starting to click as the Nuggets have won five of six. Random Fact: Marcus Camby is averaging 14.8 rebounds per game.
4. Detroit Pistons--(16-7 overall 3-2 in their last five) The Pistons just know how to win. They are one of the least selfish teams in the league. Random Prediction: Look for the Pistons to hand the Celtics their first home loss of the year on Wednesday December 19. Random Fact: All five of the Pistons Starters average in double figures.
3. Phoenix Suns--(17-6 overall 3-2 in their last five) The Suns lost back to back games to the teams with the worst records in the league. They then beat the Jazz in a slugfest. Their back to back losses may have awakened a sense of focus in a team that was on cruise control. Random Fact: Sometimes it is just about desire the 6' 10'' Amare Stoudamire averages 8.6 rebounds per game. As a matter of comparison 6'4'' Jason Kidd of the New Jersey Nets averages 8.7 rebounds per game.
2. San Antonio Spurs (17-5 overall 3-2 in their last five) The Spurs beat the Mavericks and the Jazz, but then lost back to back road games against the Warriors and the Lakers. In the loss to the Lakers neither Duncan or Parker played. Random Fact: Ginobili is the teams sixth man yet he leads them in scoring with 20.5 ppg while playing under 30 minutes per game.
1. Boston Celtics--(19-2 overall 5-0 in their last five) They have played a pretty light schedule so far, but their record says it all. While I still think the Spurs would win in a best of seven the Celtics move in to first place because of the Spurs recent losses. If the big three can stay healthy they should be the number one seed in the East. Random Fact: Posey is shooting almost 50% from three point range.