Sunday, September 2, 2007

Testimony of God's Sovereignty

The following excerpt from a sermon that John Piper preached back in 1994 should serve as a helpful introduction to the following video:

I have never heard anyone say, "The deepest and rarest and most satisfying joys of my life have come in times of extended ease and earthly comfort." Nobody says that. It isn't true. What's true is what Samuel Rutherford said when he was put in the cellars of affliction: "The Great King keeps his wine there" -- not in the courtyard where the sun shines. What's true is what Charles Spurgeon said: "They who dive in the sea of affliction bring up rare pearls."

***
I still have not figured out how to turn off the links at the end of the video. I do not suggest clicking on them because I have no control over the content that they link to.

(HT: Between Two Worlds)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Mike Jenkins